But I want an even more sensual life, and I have added the task to my list of 100 things to do this year. We are only on this planet once—well, depending upon what belief system you use, it may be much more often than that—and we should make the most of it rather than simply going through the motions and working each day. Care to join me in my sensual quest?
Here are a few things that I have thought about doing to create a more sensual year. Feel free to add your own ideas below.
- Buy a new sheet set. I would love some silky sheets, and maybe something warm and fleecy for the winter. A new comforter that I love to replace the falling-apart down comforter we have would be wonderful, too.
- Eat slowly. Savoring each bite of food is something that most of us don’t do; why deny ourselves this simple, cost-free pleasure? This should especially be done with ripe fruit!
- Sleep naked once in a while. We don’t appreciate our bodies enough, and my husband is always trying to get me to spend more time without clothing on when we are together—not for sex, per se, but to just be naked. He thinks it’s fun; I think it’s embarrassing. Maybe we can meet in the middle somehow.
- Soak in a hot tub. When you get the chance to do this one, take it!
- Enjoy your pets. We often just “deal” with our animals in our hurried lives. How about just sitting and petting your furry friends in a quiet setting? It’s so calming and relaxing.
- Get my hair shampooed and cut. I always do this myself to save money, but it’s a very enjoyable experience, especially if you use essential oils—and you are helping someone make a living, too.
- Hand massages with my husband sound heavenly.
- Buying more plants and flowers to scent our home is on my list, as well as using candles more often. I was gifted four delicious natural soy candles over my birthday and Christmas and I plan on using them as often as possible!